What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan, also known as ILL, is a service that allows Azalea Regional Library System patrons to borrow books and materials or receive photocopies of documents owned by other libraries. Borrowers must have a valid AZRLS PINES library card to make a request.
How does Interlibrary Loan work?
If a book, magazine, or journal article you are seeking is not owned by the Azalea Regional Library System and not available by placing a hold through the PINES catalog, we can often obtain it for you through a network of agreements we participate in with library systems around the country.
Guidelines for Interlibrary Loans:
- You must have an Azalea Regional Library System PINES card and be a Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Morgan, Putnam, or Walton County resident to request Interlibrary Loans.
- Your AZRLS PINES library card must be up-to-date and unblocked (no lost materials, fees, or excessive fines).
- Please check the PINES library catalog to be sure the item is not owned by another PINES library. Any material currently owned by a PINES library should be placed “on hold,” rather than requested through Interlibrary Loan.
- Current / new books may not be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
- When requesting a book, please make sure to provide the correct spelling of the title and author’s name. Failure to do so could result in the request being rejected.
- AZRLS will process 5 requests per patron at one time. This includes requests that have already been submitted, but are not yet completed. AZRLS does not request textbooks through Interlibrary Loan.
- A separate form is needed for each book and/or photocopied article desired.
- Interlibrary Loan materials are borrowed from other libraries. Please return items on time! If these materials are not returned on time, we may not be able to borrow from those libraries again.
- When placing a request, please specify the member library where you want to pick up the material.
- At this time, ILL is a free service for AZRLS patrons. Shipping charges may be required for large/oversized/heavy items. Photocopies typically have no charge. Non AZRLS patrons will be charged for this service.
- You may fill out an Interlibrary Loan form at any one of our member libraries or print out the AZRLS Interlibrary Loan Form and bring it to one of our member libraries to complete the process. Please fill out all fields. Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- Due dates for Interlibrary Loan materials are set by the lending library. To renew Interlibrary Loan materials please call the AZRLS Technical Services Department at (706) 342-4974 ext. 1024. Only the Technical Services Department can renew items.